Charlotte Criminal Defense Attorneys
Charlotte General Practice Law Firm
Criminal Defense · Business Law · Personal Injury · Family Law
Located near the University of North Carolina-Charlotte (UNCC), the law office of Douglas K. Simmons & Associates, PLLC, is a general practice firm serving Charlotte and surrounding areas in North Carolina.
Our team of attorneys offers legal services in both civil and criminal matters to private individuals, students, and businesses. Our fields of concentration include:
- Family law: Our Charlotte domestic law attorneys handle a full range of divorce matters, including distribution of marital property, child custody, child support, alimony, name changes, and separation agreements. We also handle stepparent adoptions, restraining orders, paternity issues, domestic violence, pre-nuptial agreements, domestic partnership agreements, and more.
- Personal injury: We offer free initial consultations to people injured in auto accidents or other serious accidents caused by the careless or reckless acts of another person.
- Criminal defense: Our North Carolina criminal defense lawyers defend clients charged with many types of misdemeanor offenses in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, including DUI or DWI, serious traffic violations, shoplifting, marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, assault and battery, underage drinking, and communicating threats.
- Real estate: We have been practicing real estate law since the firm's inception in 1992. We write purchase and sale agreements for residential and commercial transactions, represent buyers and sellers at closings, negotiate refinance agreements, and litigate real estate disputes.
- Estate planning: We provide estate planning services including wills, health care powers of attorney, living wills, and durable powers of attorney.
- Business formation: We help people from all types of business entities based on the needs and goals of their businesses like LLC’s and incorporations.
- Small claims: We help people pursue all types of small claim matters, defend claims filed against them, and appeal small claim decisions.
- Landlord-tenant law: We represent both landlords and tenants in disputes regarding evictions, return of security deposits, renters' rights, and more.
- Civil litigation: We handle all types of civil litigation including breach of contract cases, debt collection matters, and personal injuries that rise above the level of a small claims action.
- Credit repair: If your credit report has information that is inaccurate, misleading, or unverifiable, and is affecting your credit, we can help. Please contact our affiliated lawyers at the Lexington Law Firm for more information on how we can help.
- Criminal Background Reports and Expungment
- Underage Drinking
- New Drivers - What Parents Should Keep In Mind
- Driving While Impaired or DWI/DUI
We encourage you to use this website to learn more about our law firm, our attorneys, and our areas of practice.
Mecklenburg County Personal Injury Lawyers
To schedule a private meeting with one of our lawyers, please call 704-549-1950 or fill out our online contact form. A representative from our Charlotte, North Carolina office will contact you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Se habla español · Korean