Located near the University of North Carolina-Charlotte (UNCC), the law office of Douglas K. Simmons & Associates, PLLC, is a general practice firm serving Charlotte and surrounding areas in North Carolina. Whether a family law matter, criminal arrest or estate planning matter, we will serve your interests if the very best manner we can. Our No. 1 mission is to serve you.
The Kinds Of Legal Representation We Provide
Our team of attorneys offers legal services in both civil and criminal matters to private individuals, students and businesses. Our fields of concentration include:
- Family law and divorce: Our Charlotte domestic law attorneys handle a full range of divorce matters, including distribution of marital property, child custody, child support payments, alimony, name changes, and review and preparation of separation agreements. We also handle stepparent adoptions, restraining orders, paternity issues, domestic violence, prenuptial agreements, domestic partnership agreements and more.
- Personal injury cases: We offer free initial consultations to people injured in auto accidents or other serious accidents caused by the careless or reckless acts of another person.
- Criminal law: Our North Carolina criminal defense lawyers defend clients charged with many types of misdemeanor offenses in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area, including DUI or DWI, serious traffic violations, shoplifting, marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, assault and battery, underage drinking and communicating threats.
- Residential and commercial real estate: We have been practicing real estate law since the firm's inception in 1992. We write purchase and sale agreements for residential and commercial transactions, represent buyers and sellers at closings, negotiate refinance agreements and litigate real estate disputes.
- Estate planning services: We provide estate planning services including wills, health care powers of attorney, living wills and durable powers of attorney.
- Business formation services and consultations: We help people from all types of business entities based on the needs and goals of their businesses like LLCs and incorporations.
- Small claims representation: We help people pursue all types of small claim matters, defend claims filed against them and appeal small claim decisions.
- Landlord-tenant disputes: We represent both landlords and tenants in disputes regarding evictions, return of security deposits, renters' rights and more.
- Civil litigation representation: We handle all types of civil litigation including breach of contract cases, debt collection matters and personal injuries that rise above the level of a small claims action.
- Credit repair services: If your credit report has information that is inaccurate, misleading or unverifiable, and is affecting your credit, we can help. Please contact our affiliated lawyers at the Lexington Law for more information on how we can help.
- Criminal background reports and expungement: Working to keep your criminal record clean.
- Underage drinking: Helping keep young people out of trouble.
- New drivers — what parents need to know: Helping parents understand the legal problems their children may get into concerning their driving habits.
- Driving while impaired or DWI/DUI: Fighting to reduce the consequences of drunk driving charges.
We encourage you to use this website to learn more about our law firm, our attorneys and our areas of practice.
Meet Our Mecklenburg County Personal Injury Lawyers
To schedule a private meeting with one of our lawyers, please call 704-549-1950 or fill out our online contact form. A representative from our Charlotte, North Carolina, office will contact you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Services available in Korean