Estate Planning/Wills & Power of Attorney
Charlotte Estate Planning Lawyer
Everyone needs basic estate planning. No matter what size your assets may be, you need to make sure they will be distributed the way you intended. And you need to arrange basic health care directives to provide for you if you become incapacitated.
At Douglas K. Simmons & Associates, PLLC, our Charlotte estate planning attorneys do basic estate planning for people throughout the Charlotte, North Carolina area, including Mecklenburg County, and Cabarrus County. We are not a large, intimidating law firm; we are a general practice firm that works closely with each client.
We can help you with any of the following:
- Wills: We charge a standard flat fee for will preparation, only charging extra fees for unusually complex wills
- Health care powers of attorney, which authorize someone to make health decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated
- Living wills, which determine the limits of what a doctor can do to keep you alive
- Durable Powers of attorney, which specify who will make legal decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated
There is no need to make a comprehensive list of all your assets before coming to our lawyers. Unless you want to give certain things to certain people in your will, you only need to have a vague idea about how you would like your assets distributed. Our attorneys will be happy to help you work through such issues at no extra charge. Our goal is to help you memorialize your last will and testament and capture your wishes accurately and clearly.
Serving Clients with Compassion and Understanding
At Douglas K. Simmons & Associates, PLLC, we believe firmly in compassionate one-on-one service. We will never pressure you to get anything you do not need. Our lawyers will sit down with you, listen to your situation, and then carefully explain what we can do.
Contact Our Matthews Wills Attorneys Today
If you have any questions about wills, health care directives, or any other estate planning issue, call us at 704-549-1950. You can also fill out the form on the Contact page of this website. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Se habla español · Korean